The Dovetail newsletter provided resources to interfaith (mainly Jewish/Christian) couples between 1992 and 2004.
Some of this information may be outdated–in particular, many Jewish communities have become more welcoming to interfaith families. But this is still a great trove of essays and support, including advice and book reviews, and news on a series of national Dovetail conferences that were organized by and for interfaith families.
This archive documents the history of how interfaith families first created spaces to tell their own stories.
Available Resources for Interfaith Couples
Dialogue Among Religious Institutions
- The Two Cultures of Christianity and Judaism: Collision or Collaboration?
- Difficult Decisions, Challenging Choices: The Interfaith Nitty-Gritty
- Extending Our Reach: Cultural Diversity in the Interfaith Community
- Religious Institutions and Intermarriage: Navigating the Shoals
- What Can We Learn from Other Kinds of Interfaith Families?
- How Jewish Institutions Are Responding to Interfaith Marriage
- Intermarried Clergy: A Special Example of Jewish-Christian Harmony
- Interfaith Weddings: Who Draws the Line Where? And Why?
- Interfaith Weddings: Looking Forward and Looking Back
- Love is a Simple Thing: Interfaith Weddings at the Core of Truth
- The Music of Love: Interfaith Wedding Tunes and Songs for Kids
- Wedding Blessings: A New World for Interfaith Couples
- The Wedding: The First Day of the Rest of Your Lives
- The Big Day: Planning an Interfaith Wedding
- Looking Back on Interfaith Wedding Ceremonies: Insights and Advice
- Conversion to a Spouse’s Faith: Who Chooses it and Why
- The Ending: How Will We Handle It? Reflections by Interfaith Couples
- Interfaith Legalities: Prenups, Adoption, Divorce, Annulments, Custody
- Children and Change: Divorce and Adoption in Interfaith Families
- The Special Circumstances of Death in an Interfaith Family
Media Portrayal of Interfaith Families
Raising Interfaith Children
- Christmas and Hanukkah: Celebrating the “December Dilemma”
- The Holiday Nexus: Asking Questions, Finding Answers
- Interfaith Winter Holidays: Insights and Reflections
- The Paschal Season: Celebrating the Spring Holidays
- Laughing All the Way: Winter Holiday Fun
- Holidays Across the Divide: Interfaith Families Light Candles Against the Dark
- Holiday Fare: The Staff of Life and the Season of Light
- Holy Days and Holidays: The Interfaith Family’s Fall and Winter
- Easter and Passover: Celebration and Challenge
- Enjoying Christmas and Hanukkah: Shining Through the Season of Stars
- Passover and Easter: Two Faiths’ Celebrations of the Spring
- Book Review: By an Interfaith Family, For Interfaith Families: Celebrating Our Differences
- Innovative Ideas for Celebrating in an Interfaith Home
Sustaining a Marriage, Family, Home
- Opposites Attract: Interfaith Couples Share Coping – and Celebrating – Strategies
- Angel in the House? Women’s Roles in Interfaith Marriages
- Earth’s Bounty: Food and Faith in our Interfaith Families
- New Ideas, New Books, New Year for the Interfaith Family: Fall School Issue
- What Do We Do About Anger? Interfaith Couples Cope with Conflict
- Looking Back, Moving Forward: Dovetail’s First Ten Years
- Interfaith Marriage in Maturity: Keep it Light
- The Heart of the Matter: Spirituality in Interfaith Families
- Special Interfaith Families: Different Faiths, Same Sex
- Holidays and the Extended Family, Weaving the Web
- The Daily Crunch: Interfaith Family Life
- Life Patters: Focus on Ritual
- Laughter is the Best Medicine: Humor in an Interfaith Family
- How Can Interfaith Couples Talk About Jesus?
- Jewish-Christian Relations: How Can Dialogue Affect Our Lives?